Child Evangelism Fellowship of Romania is an international, interdenominational organisation based in Calea Turnisorului 90, Sibiu, Romania, registration number: SC 745/1994 and a fiscal code of 7148579.
At CEF of Romania we are committed to processing personal information in ways that comply with our legal obligations as well as being clear and fair with our friends, prayer partners, financial supporters, volunteers and the children and young people we serve, about what we do with their personal information.
Briefly, let us assure you that:
✔ We don’t sell your data to third parties
✔ We do make it easy for you to manage your information, you can opt out or unsubscribe at anytime.
We’ve always taken care of your data with the utmost confidentiality, so the latest GDPR legislation will not bring many changes in this sense. All our computers are password protected and we do not sell or make public any contact information that we have received in good faith to maintain contact with those we work with and serve. You will find a full policy on our main site www.ameccef.com (Romanian) and in the text below (English) for the everychildinromania.com site as well as individual specific (for children) policies on www.amecpenet.com and www.radiovesteabuna.ro (site and online app).
What we do is very focused on child evangelism and if we have your name and contact information, it is because you have given it to us so be kept up to date with news and events. We do understand that your situation may change and we assure that you that you can opt out of our mailing lists at anytime. We will add you to a suppression list and you will receive no information from us, or you can ask to be completely removed from our database. These options are available to you at any time.
There is nothing you need to do regarding these changes, they came into effect on May 25, 2018.
1. Personal information that we collect
We hold a range of personal information (given by you) relating to you, including your:
• Full name;
• email address;
• telephone number;
• courses or conferences attended;
• information preferences (eg prayer calendar or worker newsletter);
• ID number (if you have requested that we issue a letter for attending a course);
• IP address; and;
• any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you complete our online contact forms or otherwise make contact with us.
2. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
• to maintain our relationship with you (as long as you want this);
• to process orders and provide literature and free leaflets for your children/church ministry;
• for invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance;
• for record keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting and research purposes;
• to ensure data security and to provide you with access to secure areas of our Websites;
• to notify you about news, new literature offers, upcoming events;
• to notify you about price changes/transport costs on a literature order, if needed.
We may send you emails about upcoming events, webinars, new literature offers or other AMEC news and ministries. You will not receive emails about non-AMEC ministries and we will not share your email address or contact information with anyone else.
We use mailchimp, and our own gmail account to send out emails for the above purposes. We are not responsible for the mailchimp terms and conditions. Please read their terms and conditions and be sure that you are in agreement with them also.
You are on our mailing list and receive information from us because you:
a. Have consented to this after attending a conference, buying literature or attending a course, or you have contacted us to add you to the mailing list.
b. You may have opted into a facebook group or whatsapp group from AMEC or an AMEC worker.
You may of course remove yourselves from these groups at any time and you may unsubscribe to the email list at any time.
If you unsubscribe, you may of course continue to visit our websites and receive much of the information directly as well as news about literature offers and upcoming events.
4. Automated decision making/profiling
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
5. Legal basis for processing
• In terms of the legal basis we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
– where you have provided your consent directly after signing up to a conference or training course or have freely provided contact information to receive information emails from us.
– for our legitimate interests in:
- management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you
- operating our Websites
- sending direct marketing in respect of our own products and services
- our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, recruitment and training of our personnel, and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others).
If you make an online donation for the ministry of CEF or purchase materials from edituraamec, your gift will be processed through euplatesc or paypal. We do not store your credit card information, we ask that you read the privacy policies of these platforms for more information about how they store your data.
7. How long we keep your personal information
The length of time we keep the information you have given us depends on the context in which you provided it. We will hold the information for as long as we deem necessary, according to the purpose that it was given. We will additionally keep information that is necessary for us to provide quarterly mailings, other resources and for statistical purposes. Additionally we hold information of training courses attended and diplomas issued. We will keep records of any financial transactions you enter into with us for a minimum of ten years.
Some of our cookies are used to simply collect information about how visitors use our website and these types of cookies collect the information in an anonymous form.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.whatarecookies.com
9. Links to third party websites
• Our Websites contain links to other Internet websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites‘ use of any personal information.
• We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process, including Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL“ or “Secure Socket Layer“ technology) to encode personal information that you send to us through our Websites. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that‘s transferred over the SSL connection. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
• However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot 100% guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer to us over the Internet.
11. Your rights
• The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
• We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request that we are allowed and required to do so under data protection laws. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under data protection laws.
- The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we’re processing it), and other certain information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Statement) about how it is used. This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your personal information in accordance with data protection law.
A request for this information should be sent to email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to AMEC, Calea Turnisorului 90, Sibiu 550048, and the information will be sent by email (or on printed paper, if so requested) within 30 days.
We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person‘s rights, or if someone abuses their right of access to information and requests this information on a repetitive basis.
- The right to rectification
You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete. E.g. if we have the wrong date of birth or name for you.
- The right to be forgotten
In simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. where we need to hold information on employees, volunteer contracts and other legal requirements.
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability. You have rights to obtain and reuse certain personal information for your own purposes across different organisations.
All children under 16 years of age who would like to contact AMEC – whether it is the online radio, website amecpenet, Bible Correspondence Course or to attend an event should do so with their parent or guardian’s permission. We will not give a child’s contact information to any third party, nor will we use it for any other reason except for the reason that it was given.
Updating this statement
We review our privacy practices from time to time. We ask that you bookmark and periodically review this page for updates to our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to modify this policy.
Latest update: May 2018
For any further information, please contact us at email@example.com or by post at AMEC, Calea Turnisorului 90, 550048 Sibiu, Romania or by telephone: 0040 269 229994