1. God gives – He is our example.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
2. It is one of the secrets of true happiness.
“I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35
3. It could be your only investment with eternal implications.
“And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.” Mathew 19:29
4. You will not lose out!
“Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.” Ecclesiastes 11:1
5. God will multiply your gift, making it a blessing to many.
“Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude.” Luke 9:16
6. It is an important step towards you being the person God wants you to be.
“Jesus said unto him, ‘If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.’” Matthew 19:21
7. God will not forget what was done in His Name.
8. It helps you to remember that you are a steward of the resources God has given to you.
“For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?” 1 Corinthians 4:7
9. God is no man’s debtor – you cannot out give Him!
“And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.” Matthew 10:42